The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) has announced the Confederation of Africa Athletics (CAA) President, Hamad Kalkaba Malboum and South African doctor Harold Adams as one of the chairs of the newly formed IAAF commissions and advisory groups.
The chairpersons are required to assist with the delivery of a fundamental programme of change to the sport’s global administration.
The membership of the new set of consultative bodies, according to the IAAF, is composed of smaller, more represented groups with increased representation of women, younger age groups, coaches, former athletes and experts from outside athletics.
“The commission chairs draw upon the vast array of experience and expertise from across the globe, from within and outside the athletics family,” commented IAAF President Sebastian Coe.
“Their combined knowledge will be an important resource to build a modern sport which is open to new ideas and is fast and responsive to the challenges which lie ahead.”
The complete membership of each of the IAAF commissions and advisory groups will be announced in the coming days.
Their combined knowledge will be an important resource to build a modern sport which is open to new ideas and is fast and responsive to the challenges which lie ahead. – Coe
Chairpersons of IAAF Commissions 2016
- Rozle Prezelj (SLO) – Athletes’ Commission
- Paul Deighton (GBR) – Audit and Finance Commission
- Victor Lopez (PUR) – Coaches’ Commission
- Abby Hoffman (CAN) – Competition Commission
- Hamad Kalkaba Malboum (CMR) – Development Commission
- Prince Albert II (MON) – International Relations Commission
- Maria Clarke (NZL) – Legal Commission
- Pierre Weiss (FRA) – Masters’ Commission
- Harold Adams (RSA) – Medical and Anti-Doping Commission
- Carlo Capalbo (ITA) – Road Running Commission
- Bernard Amsalem (FRA) – Values Commission
- Dahlan Al Hamad (QAT) – Youth Engagement and Social Media Commission
- Max Seigel (USA) – Commercial and Marketing Advisory Group
- Hansjorg Wirz (SUI) – Competition Calendar Advisory Group
- Stephanie Hightower (USA) – Conflict Resolution Advisory Group
- Rajne Soderberg (SWE) – One-Day Meetings Advisory Group
- Marc Ventouillac (FRA) – Press and Media Operations Advisory Group
- Adille Sumariwalla (IND) – Strategic Communications Advisory Group
- Sylvia Barlag (NED) – Sustainable Development Advisory Group
- Alex Gilady (ISR) – Television and Digital Advisory Group
- Libor Varhanik (CZE) – World Athletics Series Renovation Advisory Group
Yomi is the founder of Africa's number one track and field website - AthleticsAfrica. A multi award-winning editor, journalism innovator, media trainer, sports and digital transformation consultant.