South Africa's 800m world champion, Caster Semenya, has set her sights to return to the athletics track at the EAA meeting, VII Reunión Internacional de Atletismo - Gobierno de Aragón, in Zaragoza, Spain on June 24th.
She was ordered to take a gender test after doubts were raised about her sex just before she won Gold at the World Championships in Berlin last year.
The Pretoria University sports science student had not competed since then and her latest attempt to run in a local meet in South Africa last week was thwarted by the IAAF and the Athletics South Africa (ASA).
But today, Semenya said in a statement that she had agreed to the request by ASA to wait for the results of the tests, which are expected in June.
The 19-year-old also said she has decided against taking ASA to court after the organisation did not allow her to run at a meet in Stellenbosch last week.
Her statement reads: "I believe that the decision to bar me from competing in Stellenbosch last week was unlawful and wrongful.
"I have, however, considered the request by Athletics South Africa (ASA) that I await the conclusion of the International Association of Athletics Federations' (IAAF) processes by the beginning of June this year before I return to competitive athletics.
"Together with my coach and agent, I have decided that I will return to competitive athletics at the EAA meeting to be held on June 24 in Zaragoza, Spain.
"I reiterate that, based on medical and legal advice, I am firmly of the view there are no impediments to me racing in female athletics competitions.
"I welcome ASA's public statement that it will ensure the IAAF is held to its undertaking to complete its processes by the beginning of June.
"I trust ASA will do the honourable thing and stick to its word in this regard. I have also instructed my legal representatives to seek confirmation by the IAAF that it will complete its processes by the beginning of June.
"I also trust that this will be forthcoming," Semenya statement added.