Top athletes from all the four (4) sub continents will compete for nearly $3 million in prize money on offer at the 2014 [link id="531" tax="post_tag" text="IAAF Continental Cup"] this weekend in Marrakech, Morocco.
The IAAF Continental Cup - [link id="367" tax="post_tag" text="Marrakech 2014"] - involves teams from Africa, Americas, Asia-Pacific and Europe and there is a total of US$2,900,000 in prize money being paid by the IAAF (subject to anti-doping controls).
- Each team will be allowed to enter two athletes in each event.
- No athlete shall be allowed to double in the 3000m and 5000m.
- Only one athlete from any one country may compete in each individual event.
- Points achieved by men and women will be combined and the overall winner of the IAAF Continental Cup will be the team with the most combined points
- Individual events:
- Total of US $2,900,000 will be paid by the IAAF*
Individual events (36) – $2,628,000:
Relays (4) – $272,000:
In the event that an athlete breaks a world record during the IAAF Continental Cup, the prize of US $50,000 will be awarded.