Top athletes from all the four (4) sub continents will compete for nearly $3 million in prize money on offer at the 2014 IAAF Continental Cup this weekend in Marrakech, Morocco.
The IAAF Continental Cup – Marrakech 2014 – involves teams from Africa, Americas, Asia-Pacific and Europe and there is a total of US$2,900,000 in prize money being paid by the IAAF (subject to anti-doping controls).
– Each team will be allowed to enter two athletes in each event.
– No athlete shall be allowed to double in the 3000m and 5000m.
– Only one athlete from any one country may compete in each individual event.
– Points achieved by men and women will be combined and the overall winner of the IAAF Continental Cup will be the team with the most combined points
– Individual events:
– Total of US $2,900,000 will be paid by the IAAF*
Individual events (36) – $2,628,000:
Relays (4) – $272,000:
In the event that an athlete breaks a world record during the IAAF Continental Cup, the prize of US $50,000 will be awarded.
World Athletics (formerly the International Association of Athletics Federations - IAAF) is the international governing body for the sport of athletics, such as running, jumping and throwing.